FEBRUARY - MARCH 2020
2020 is the year of the Natural Park Serra Gelada and we have an adhesion form for all the associations so that all thy make part of it. A stamp will be made with the adhered associations and you will be invited to all the different events taking place this year
Weather of February in which temperatures have been unusually high and this has led to early proliferating of processionary caterpillars in pines trees. They are real danger to children and pets. The processionary caterpillars are coming out of these white pine nests.
The Department of Environment warns about the risk they may pose these larvae for people and animals because inhaling the hairs, which hides its venom can produce from rashes to allergic reactions.
The first treatment of the environmental department was to cut the white pine nests, with the larves still inside, in streets, schools and parks. Now that they are on the ground they are sweeped by the municipal services
- Painting exhibition KUNSTGRUPPEN – DNKCB painting exhibition in Casa de Cultura untill 29 February
- DÚO VANUCCI – TORRIGIANI (piano and guitar) in Forum Mare Nostrum
Thursday 5 March at 8 pm, organised by Sociedad de Conciertos de Música Clásica de l'Alfàs del Pi.
Ticket: 10 €. Members free
- SABRINA LANZI (Piano Recital) in Casa de Cultura
Saturday, 7 March, at 8 pm, organised by Sociedad de Conciertos de Música Clásica de l'Alfàs del Pi.
Ticket: 10 €. Members free
- DÚO VANUCCI – TORRIGIANI (piano and guitar) in Social Centre Albir
Sunday 8 March, at 12 h, organised by Sociedad de Conciertos de Música Clásica de l'Alfàs del Pi.
Ticket: 10 €. Members free.
- ‘SAFE MY LIFE’ ANIMAL FUNDRAISER at Benidorm Palace on 8 March, doors open at 12 pm. Live entertainment from midday into the evening by the best of Benidorm entertainers who are giving their time free to raise money for animals. Bar and food available on the day. A date not to be missed where tickets run out fast so make sure you get yours NOW. Tickets only €10 from the Benidorm Palace Box Office on 965 851 660.
- WOMEN'S WEEK, 8 March is International Women's Day, the municipal equality department has organised activities and events to create awareness about equality and promote women's empowerment
- Sunday 1 March at 10.30 h Guided Walk to the lighthouse with explanation about Women en Serra Gelada (lighthouse workers, miners, farmers and fisher women)
- Thursday 5 March at 11 h Book presentation in Dutch, “Op weg naar thuis” by Corrie Delhoofen in Forum Mare Nostrum , tapa and drink served
- XX edition of Marina Baixa's women gathering in Benidorm with a concert by female musicians, registration at email@example.com
- Inauguration exhibition “Relevant women in Marina Baixa”, balconades: photos hanging on balconies in old town centre and award to the Relevant Woman 2020 on Saturday 7 March at 12 h in Espai Cultural Escoles Velles
- Informatative talk about responsable and enviromental friendly consumption by Rita Schurer in Espai cultural Escoles Velles on Monday 16 March at 17.30 h
- Excursion to Fallas, organised by Amas de Casa, Tuesday 17 March, inscription Amas de Casa
- 19 March, San José, Father's Day, Fallas (bank holiday)
Some little information about Fallas
The Festival is declared Intangible Heritage of Humanity
From the 1st to 19th March, València is overturned by Fallas celebrations, a festivity that combines tradition, satire and art. (Valencia and many other towns as Calpe, Denia or Benidorm)
The origin of las Fallas comes from the old carpenter’s tradition who, when celebrating the arrival of spring on 19th March, used to burn pieces of wood (parots) that were used to prop up their lights during the winter.
To this bonfire they gradually started to add old belongings and rags, which gave the wooden structure a human-looking aspect, until they became the ninots that we know today. The Valencian sense of humour soon gave the irony shown in the ninots which is maintained at present.
The Fallas celebrations have evolved into temporary works of art which, in some cases, cost millions of euros.
- 18ª MOSTRA DE TEATRE DE L'ALFÀS DEL PI ' 2020
(Del 10 al 29 de marzo de 2020)
-Amateur Theatre( 10,11,12,13, y 14 March): 3€ per play.
-Children Theatre(28 March) 3€.
-Professional Theatre(25,26,27 y 29 March) 12€ ticket/10€ ticket pensionistas and youngsters with carnet jove.
-Pass professional theatre: 36€ pass / 30€ pass pensionists and youngsters with carnet jove.
Ticket sale : Casa de Cultura/Instant Ticket
-Amateur Theatre with Amas de Casa (housewifes association), Jubilados del Albir (Pensionists), Local Theatre companies from Benidorm and Villajoyosa
- Professional Theatre with monologue, comedy, varied programme and on Sunday 29 March at 9 pm play and award “El Pi d'honor Teatre 2020” for Nacho Novo
- TREE PLANTING at the quarry, la cantera de Serra Gelada on Saturday 21 March at 10 am together with We love Albir and the new created Enviormental Volunteer Association
- SPRING FAYRE on Saturday 21 March between 10.30 am and 2 pm in Club los Holandeses en Plaza Justus, Urbanización Barranco Hondo
- REINAS AND DAMAS ELECTION in Auditorium Casa de Cultura on Saturday 21 March at 8 pm, ticket € 8 organised by Mayorales 2020, Penya Inducció
- DOG ADOPTION FESTIVAL organised by APPA in Parque los Eucaliptus on Sunday 22 March
- CINE CINE SOLIDARIO: Thursdays 5 and 18 March at 8 pm in Casa de Cultura, donation entrance ticket 3 €, for NGO ABORIGEN VIEW.
- X Miles Race, Sunday 29 March during the morning, from 9 am untill 12, Sport pavillon Pau Gasol, Cami de la Mar, Lidl roundabout, Bulevar de los Musicos (dry river bed) up to the lighthouse and back. No market on Sunday in Albir
- AECC Benefit Lunch on Tuesday 31 March at Katmandu Restaurant in Albir from 1 pm, costs € 15, contact Pamela Dawson on firstname.lastname@example.org for reservation or Restaurant Katmandu in Albir.
- Next meeting: Wednesday 25 March 2020